Welcome to my world as a high energy, spunky, energetic, and purpose driven woman. I invite you to join my mission to maximize your potential daily despite any present obstacles you may be wrestling with. In my personal life and my professional career I am focused on the motto of AOTA, “Living Life to the Fullest.” I have seen God use my share of past painful sports injuries and other life experiences to show me that hope is always, always, always one step away. Even in situations that seem insignificant, I know for a fact that all the little pieces form the framework of our journey as a people. Perspective matters because the lens you take on life will directly influence your action plan. It isn’t just your physicality that counts, but what also matters is your mentality. You carry melody in your words, rhythm in your feet, power in your posture and a warehouse of innovation in your brilliant mind.
Education and Professional Career:
- Obtained Associates Degree in Kinesiology from College of the Canyons in Santa Clarita, CA as of June 2019.
- Currently in my Junior Year at California State University Northridge studying to obtain my Bachelors in Kinesiology within the concentration of Applied Fitness and Active Lifestyle Development.
- Obtain a Masters and eventually a PHD in Occupational therapy.
- Open my own facility focusing on individuals with physical, traumatic and psychological disabilities.
- Write my own book, blog, research and collaborate with others in the Occupational Therapy Community.
My Passions within the OT Community :
1. Active Lifestyle Awareness:
“Less than 5% of adults participate in 30 minutes of physical activity each day;2 only one in three adults receive the recommended amount of physical activity each week.3″ “
*Sedentary living is harmful to our bodies that are designed to be mobile.*
- Bringing the fun back into fitness
- Learning to use exercise as a coping mechanism
- integrating nutritious foods into our day
- Live in the Outdoors
- Ergonomic Adaptations for Biomechanical Efficiencies in Activities of Daily Living
2. Special Needs: Break the Stigma; Break the Cycle.
- Normal is overrated
- Fostering independence
- Empower the Person
- Advocate for their needs
- Stretch the Social Circle Wider: Provide Enriching Social Interactions
- Bring joy everyday
3. Mental Health: Kiss your Brain.
- Normal is overrated
- Fueling Victors vs Victim Mindsets.
- “It’s okay to feel, express, and cope with my emotions”
My Core Values and Convictions:
– I am a Christ Follower who daily strives to live in love towards God, myself, and others around me. I am far from perfect but I serve a gracious holy God who is. Blows me away.
I hope you enjoy your time in my cozy corner. I promise to provide a space that encourages open-minded, loving, motivated, and relentless dreamers to expand their horizons.
Thank you for supporting my writing and being an important part within the jigsaw puzzle pieces of my life!!!
Feel free to reach out via email, in the comments or connect with me on instagram @shineon_gorgeous. I am excited to begin growing and learning together in our discussions. All love and light to my readers whom I can’t wait to come to know on a first name basis!!!
Lots of Love,